Wednesday, November 16, 2011

An Anime Moment

One day in the little house with the long legs down by the creek... Moon girl had been watching little Munchkin walk around this morning in a nappy and singlet with a lamb tucked under one arm. The thought occurred to her that it was such a gorgeous toddler image she would make a perfect anime character. So she decided to try her hand at capturing little munchkin in anime style and pulled out the "How To Draw Anime and Game Characters Vol.1" book and had a go.


Whilst Munchkin was pretending to eat her eggs for breakfast I began sketching her face. To start with I sketched roughly in pencil rubbing out and moving things until it looked about right. Taking direction from the trusty How To Draw... book. I didn't take a picture of this stage though.

Next I filled in the outlines with thick and thin felt tip pens.

Then I used some watercolour pencils to colour her in. Unfortunately I wasn't using watercolour paper so the water ended up making the page wrinkle, which just got worse as I went on.
Using water colour pencils I filled in the background too.


















Next I added more tone to her skin and dress, a necklace and finally some pen work on the background.
 I don't know if it really looks like her, this girl looks older, but I thought it was cool anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment